In this tutorial, we are going to learn about Diesel Generator (DG).
Diesel Generator (DG)
- A Diesel Generator is the combination of a diesel engine with an electric generator to generate electrical energy.
- Diesel generator is a machine which produces electricity by burning diesel fuel.
Main Parts of Diesel Generator (DG)
- Diesel Tank – It is a fuel tank is a safe container for flammable fluids. It is used to store diesel.
- Fuel Water Separator and Fuel Filter – Diesel generator fuel water separator is the device which works to ensure clean fuel is delivered to the engine.
- Engine – It is a machine designed which is used to convert one or more forms of energy into mechanical energy.
- Alternator – It is an electrical generator which is use to converts mechanical energy to electrical energy in the form of alternating current and alternator is connected to the engine’s crankshaft via a belt. As the engine turns, it moves the belt, which turns the rotor shaft.
- Starter Motor – It is a device which is used to rotate an internal-combustion engine so as to initiate the engine’s operation under its own power. Starters like electric, pneumatic, or hydraulic. When we start the DG, first motor rotates the rotor of DG. After DG reaches required speed then this motor becomes off and engine starts rotating and rotate alternator.
- Battery – the motor requires a battery, to get DC supply to operate.
- Automatic Voltage Regulator (AVR) – It is automatically the generator output voltage to a set value and it takes the generator fluctuating voltage and converts it to a nice steady constant voltage.
- Primary Lubricant Oil Pump – In DG, use lube oil to reduce friction. In all moving part lube oil is used and to send lube oil at every corner of DG we use primary lubricant oil pump.
- Lubricant Oil Filter – A lubricant oil filter is a filter designed to remove contaminant, dust and moisture from lube oil.
- Radiator and Fan – A cooling system works to help prevent generator from overheating.
- Control Panel – It is used to control DG, by use of control panel we can operate like voltage, current etc.